Steps, or touchpoints, are the single experiences a person/customer/stakeholder has with a service. They can be illustrated with more details by using lanes.
Move a step
You can move a step to the left or to the right by clicking the three little dots on the left hand side of the step in the journey map outline and drag and drop it to the place where you'd like to have it.
Copy a step
It's not possible to copy a single step within the journey map or between journey maps. However you can copy all steps together if you duplicate the journey map.
Insert a step between two others
There are two places where you can add steps to journey:
1. In journey map outline
2. In all lanes which represent only one persona like text lane and storyboard
Edit a step
You can add custom colours to the step by using HEX or RGB code. Also you you change font's style, highlight the text and insert links. Here you can find a bit more information about the rich text editor.
Delete a step (or: delete a column)
If you want delete a step of a journey map you can do that through the journey map outline.
Please be aware that all data within that column is deleted as well.
1. show the journey map outline if it is collapsed
2. navigate to the step (column) you want to delete
3. hover and then a popup menu appears
4. use the trash bin to delete the step/column
Collaborate more efficiently by sending a unique step URL to other users so they can have a look at it.
If you would like to invite other users to have a look at a specific step of the journey map, you can now send them a URL which leads directly to the step and opens the step details.
You get the link easily by doing the following:
1. Choose the step and click on it.
2. Extend the step’s details by clicking the respective button. A side bar will appear showing you the step details.
3. Copy the URL from your browser by copy and paste, and send it to others.
When the recipient opens the URL, it will lead him to the step and open the step’s details like int the following example:
Now he can start to make changes on this step and of course also continue working on the rest of the journey map.
Please note that only users that are members of the project can access the journey map.